The entries and galleries for all the digital competitions dating from the latter part of 2014 are now placed on our club Flickr site.
View these at;
(NB Check the Galleries for specific competitions)
To enter any digital competitions please email jpeg images (under 2MB and over 300kb per file.) to;
Hannes Nitzsche at [email protected]
MONTHLY DIGITAL CHALLENGES FOR 2017.
The Digital Challenge criteria are:
- Digital format only
- Photos must be less than two years old
- Photos must not have been entered in a previous challenge
- Limit of 3 images per person.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on the Monday prior to the Camera Club’s monthly meeting
- Entries will be judged by a guest speaker or nominated judge. Usually place awards (first, second etc) are not given, and the judge chooses a (flexible) number of images that are deemed to be of high merit. Judging criteria are approximate equal weighting for; relevance to the theme; technical expertise; wow factor or ability to grab the viewer.
NB Visitors are invited to enter our competitions
Monthly Digital Challenge 2017 Themes (NB The August theme has been changed from the original subject)
February; At the Water’s Edge (intended to link to a WAPF competition). This topic is a flexible one, intended to stimulate the imagination, and produce a range of approaches, so it may be interpreted as freely as one wishes, provided entries can be seen to be clearly related to the subject.
April; S-Curves / S-Shapes
May; Hand(s) at work
June; Self Portrait/Selfie
July; Textures in monochrome
August; Something from Nothing (making a very ordinary item interesting. In monochrome)
November; Tools of the Trade
December; Personal Best of 2017 (not previously entered in a club competition)